- For Tintern's prayer list, check out our website www.tinternchurchofchrist.ca
. The "Prayer Hub" button (top right corner or click here
) is where you will find our list of prayers. You can also add prayers.
Kids Coin Collection
- This Sunday is our coin collection. Our kids are going to help collect the money for the kids we are sponsoring. We are sponsoring two children through Christian Relief Fund - Dulce Velasquez (from Guatemala) and Ambar Gonzales (from Honduras) and also CityKidz in Hamilton. You can e-transfer money to firstname.lastname@example.org
, in the message box be sure to let us know that the funds are for the Kids Collection.
Volunteers Needed - We are looking for a volunteer A/V coordinator who can organize training for our teen and preteen volunteers as well as some oversight of the equipment at the back of the auditorium. Contact Noel if you would like to contribute in this way in 2024!
Praise Team Binders - Last call for Tintern artists. If you are interested in providing art for the cover of the new Praise Team Binders, time is running out. The artwork needs to be black line art. The lines need to be dark/heavy as we will be scanning and printing the art for the cover page. If you are interested please speak to Noel or Margaret this Sunday.
Singing at The Mennonite Home on Sun Feb 4 - You're invited to join us in singing for the residents of The Mennonite Home (4024 Twenty-Third St, Vineland). Bring a bag lunch to eat at the building at noon and we'll head over to the home after. If you have any questions, please speak to Sandy McBay.
February Connect Event - Our Connect event for February will be a Super Bowl Party on Sunday, February 11th beginning at 6pm. We will be having a chili cookoff, so bring your best chili! Desserts will be provided. Before the game begins at 6:30, everyone will have the chance to use their allotted tokens to place non-monetary bets about the game. We will keep score and announce a winner. There will be a craft table for kids to make Valentine's Day cards along with other crafts. During halftime we will play Minute to Win It games and have a devotional. Our Connect event will end at the end of halftime, but people are welcome to stay to watch the rest of the game.
Tintern Housekeeping Items -
- When you arrive at the building it would be helpful if everyone stomped off any salt/stones/snow/mud onto the mats in the foyers.
- Most (but not all) of the lights at Tintern are on timers. If there is a green (common areas) or red (classrooms) circle stickers on light switches, these are on timers and will turn on when you pass the motion detector/enter a classroom and turn off after 20 minutes. If there are no green or red circle stickers, these lights will need to be turned on/off manually (entry ways, auditorium, kitchen, bathrooms etc.)
Attention Grade 6-8 families - Great Lakes Christian High School would like to invite you to upcoming events to learn more about Great Lakes Christian.
- VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSES: Tuesday February 6th at 4:00pm or Tuesday February 20th at 2:00pm. Join us from wherever you are. Meet the Principal, Guidance counselor and other staff who will work directly with your teen in their future. To register: Click Here.
- EXPERIENCE GREAT LAKES: Thursday, February 29th 8:00am-3:15pm. Students, this day is for YOU! Come for a day to experience what high school is like as a Great Lakes Laker! (Lunch provided). To register: Click Here.
NEW: Transportation available on demand from Stoney Creek and Grimsby as well as St Catharines.
From Grafmartin - "The Chosen" Season 4 is gearing up for its Canadian theatre premiere on February 1st, 2024. This remarkable series has captivated audiences worldwide, offering a profound exploration of Jesus’ life and the transformative experiences of those who encounter Him. And for the first time in TV history… the entire season will premiere in theatres.
Niagara Christian Gleaners
- Next week Tuesday, 6 February 2024
, we are planning to load another sea container for export. It involves lifting a large quantity of dried produce. Please note some of the cases may weigh up to 30 lbs - so please be mindful of this requirement. The start time is 8:30 am.
Here's what the work entails: https://photos.app.goo.gl/swWJQMsSkoDpZCjz5
If you're able to help please use the signup link to let me know you're coming.
Two simple steps and you're signed up!
1) Click this link: https://signup.com/go/jFcJorb
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
Newsletters - There are several newsletters attached. Printed copies will be posted on either the Missions bulletin board or the bulletin board between the washrooms.
- Being His Hands - Joel & Hiro's work in Mito, Japan;
- Micah 6 - Dylan & Cole's work in Pontiac, Michigan;
- Village of Hope; and
- Gillian's Place.
Save the Date - The WAVES AGM will be in the morning of Saturday May 25, 2024. Mark your calendar! Please pass on the information and invite a guest to come with you! Please be praying about the future of the WAVES and consider how we can contribute to the school.
What Are Tintern Kids Praying For
Kindergarten Sunday Class (Jan 21)
Lucy: for Nia
Levi: for bunnies
Ben: for dinosaurs
Taryn: that everyone stays safe at Hailey's birthday party
Mr. Walker: for Mark
Mrs. Minter: for my Sunday School kids
Kindergarten Sunday Class (Jan 28)
Henry: for my baby sister
Lydia: for mommy & daddy, Knox, & Hailey
Lucy: for grandpa in Heaven
Grade 1-3 Sunday Class (Jan 28)
Claire: my sleepover at the Cramps goes well
Hailey: my birthday goes well
Aiden: I can go to I-Fly sometime
Knox: thankful that I got some new books
Kinsley: thankful I got to spend time with Yannie & Papa
Grade 4-5 Sunday Class (Jan 28)
Allie: for school
Miranda: to memorize my long memory verse quickly
Ruby: thankful that Sawyer did good in his basketball games this week
Peyton: that I can connect my new keyboard to my computer
Mr. Devin: my job scenario goes well
Ms. Megan: my knee feels better
Wednesday Class (Jan 31)
Eva, Miranda, & Lawson: praying about tests coming up
Justine: for wisdom at work
Cook family: for the Porter/Jaggard family as they mourn loved ones
Claire: my sleepover at the Cramps’ goes well
Hailey & Knox: we have fun at the hotel for Lydia’s birthday
Heidi: for healing from dental work
Maddie: that kids are nicer to each other at school
Gwen: please look after me for my upcoming doctor’s appointment about my foot
Jeff: starting back to work this week
Taryn: my dog who had surgery
Noel: thankful that Devin did well on his exam
Lucy: praying for a new doll for my birthday
Allie: for Aiden’s friend Sawyer who had surgery
Lyla: about speeches coming up and friends leaving on a mission trip to Guatemala
Julie: for Daniel and Liam working for co-op placements
Renea: surgery for granddaughter for kidney stones
Peter: school goes well
Lochlan: thankful for school
Feb 4 Singing at the Mennonite Home
Feb 6 @ 4pm Virtual Open House - Great Lakes Christian Highschool (see
Feb 11 @ 6pm February Connect (see above for details)
Feb 20 @ 2pm Virtual Open House - Great Lakes Christian Highschool (see
Feb 29 GL Experience for a Day
2024 01 26 VoH Email.pdf)
2024 01 10 Letter from Micah 6.pdf